- PhD (CS), FAST-NUCES, Lahore, Pakistan (2019)
- MS (CS), FAST-NUCES, Lahore, Pakistan (2004)
- BS (CS), FAST-NUCES, Lahore, Pakistan (2003)
Dr. Aamir Wali has taught at the National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences since 2004. His areas of interest include machine learning, image processing, human-computer interaction, natural language processing, virtual/augmented reality, and font development.
- Wali, A., 2022. CA-NN: a cellular automata neural network for handwritten pattern recognition, Natural Computing. DOI: doi.org/10.1007/s11047-022-09937-8 (IF. 1.504)
- Wali, A. and Saeed, M. m-CALP–Yet another way of generating handwritten data through evolution for pattern recognition. Biosystems, vol. 175, pp.24-29, 2019. (IF. 1.973)
- Wali, A. and Saeed, M. Biologically inspired cellular automata learning and prediction model for handwritten pattern recognition. Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architectures, vol. 24, pp.77-86. 2018. (IF. 0.684)
- Wali, A., Muzammil A., Naseer, A. and Tamoor M., 2023. StynMedGAN: Medical Images Augmentation using a new GAN model for Improved Diagnosis of Diseases, Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, pp. 1-18 (IF. 1.73)
- Wali, A. and Ali, S., 2023. Computer-aided COVID-19 Diagnosis: A Possibility, Journal Of Experimental & Theoretical Artificial Intelligence, in press (IF. 2.11)
- Shahzad, A. and Wali, A., 2022. Computerization of Off-Topic Essay Detection: A possibility?, Education and Information Technologies, 27(4), pp.5737-5747. (IF. 3.66)
Final Year Projects
- Wali, A., Fawaz, A., Ali, M.B., Adan, M. and Mujtaba, M., 2022. Generative adversarial networks for speech processing: A review. Computer Speech & Language, 72, p.101308. (IF. 3.25)
- Zafar, I, Wali, A., Kunwar, A., Afzal N. and Raza, M., 2023 A Complementary Pipeline for Medical Literature Search using PICO and its Evaluation" Journal of Information Science, In Production (IF. 3.28)
- Wali, A., Lisan, A., Ather, H., Qasim, M. and Uzair. M., 2022. Application in multimedia: from camera to VR. Multimedia Tools and Applications. DOI: 10.1007/s11042-022-13687-1 (IF. 2.577)
- Wali, A., Tanveer, K., Fatima, S., Tanveer, A. and Iftikhar, S., An Efficient Cloud-Based Traffic Signal Manipulation Algorithm for Path Clearance. International Journal of Distributed Systems and Technologies (IJDST), vol. 11, pp. 32-44. 2020 HEC Recognized Journal
- Imran, R., Hassan, N., Tariq, R., Amjad, L. and Wali, A. Intracranial Brain Haemorrhage Segmentation and Classification. iKSP Journal of Computer Science and Engineering, vol. 2. 2021.
- Fawaz, A., Ali, MB., Adan, M., Mujtaba, MM. and Wali, A. A Deep Learning Framework for Efficient High-Fidelity Speech Synthesis: StyleTTS. iKSP Journal of Computer Science and Engineering, vol. 1. 2021.
- Zafar, I., Kunwar, A., Raza, M., Afzal, N. and Wali, A. Clinical Decision Support System for Evidence Based Medicine Practice. The International Conference on Innovative Trends in Business & Technology (iCITBT-2020), Online, 2020.
- Hasan, F., Gauhar, S., Khalid, N., Fakhar, S. and Wali, A. Defense against Adversarial Attacks on Facial Recognition Systems. The International Conference on Innovative Trends in Business & Technology (iCITBT-2020), Online, 2020.
- Sultan, S., Asad, A., Abubakar, M., Khalid, S., Ahmed, S. and Wali, A. Dynamic cloud resources allocation. 8th International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies (ICICT), IBA, Karachi, pp. 168-173. IEEE. 2019.
- Wali, A., Haider Z., Fazal, R., Faraz, A., Hussain, H. Enabling Programming for the Quadriplegic. 5th International Multi-topic ICT Conference 2018 (IMTIC’2018), MUET, Jamshoro, Pakistan. 2018.
- Malik, Y.S., Tamoor, M., Naseer, A., Wali, A. and Khan, A. 2022. Applying an adaptive Otsu-based initialization algorithm to optimize active contour models for skin lesion segmentation. Journal of X-Ray Science and Technology. 2022 Jan 1
- Haseeb, A., Bashir, M., and Wali, A. 2023. BERTDom: Protein Domain Boundary Prediction using BERT Computing and Informatics, In Production (IF. 0.45)