This program enables students to develop skills necessary to manage software projects. In the final year, students take two-semester Project, which involves practical implementation of Project Management skills and techniques acquired through the program, as well as actual development of the project.
The MS (Software Project Management) program focuses on strengthening students’ knowledge in theoretical as well as practical aspects of managing software projects. The program not only addresses management issues related to software industry but also covers the software engineering concepts, which must be known to a project manager.
The aim is to prepare middle and top management so that they meet the challenges of present and future needs of software industry. The coursework exposes the students to management and technical issues encountered in development of software solutions.
Typical course load in a semester is four courses. However, NUCES staff cannot register for more than two courses in a semester.
- Students will be able to apply skills necessary to manage software project
- Students will be able to exhibit paractical implementation of Project Management skills and techniques
- Students will be able to demonstrate theoratical and paractical aspects of managing software projects
Award of Degree
For the award of MS degree, a student must have:
- Passed courses totalling at least 31 credit hours, including all those courses which have been specified as Core courses
- Obtained a CGPA of at least 2.5
- A degree in Science / Engineering earned from a recognized university after 16 years of education.
- At least 60% marks or CGPA of at least 2.0 (on a scale of 4.0).
- Two years of post qualification experience in software development or related area.
- Past Academic Record (Bachelor): 40%
- Performance in NU subject Admission Test: 60%