- Postdoc – University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus
- PhD – National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Pakistan
- MS – Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
- BS - National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Pakistan
Dr. Mohsin Kamal did his Postdoc from KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence, the University of Cyprus in 2022, where he was designated as a Research Associate under the supervision of Professor Georgios Ellinas. He completed his Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences (FAST-NUCES), Peshawar, Pakistan in 2020. He received his M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from Blekinge Institute of Technology, Karlskrona, Sweden, in 2012. From February 2022 to August 2022, he was designated as the Incharge of Electrical Engineering Department at FAST-NUCES, Peshawar campus. From March 2013 to February 2021, he worked as an Assistant Professor at FAST-NUCES, Peshawar, Pakistan. He is a PhD approved supervisor and has supervised MS and BS students for their thesis and final year projects, respectively. He is the reviewer of Communication letters, Security and Communication Networks, IEEE Access, International Journal of Wireless Information Networks, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, PeerJ, Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, MDPi Remote Sensing, and IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference. He is a Technical Program Committee (TPC) member of national and international conferences. His research interests include the development of lightweight solutions for various IoT applications, Cyber Physical Systems, Blockchain, Cyber Security, Wireless Sensor Networks, Cooperative Communication and Cognitive Radio Networks.
- Journal publications:
- J12. E. Gyamfi, J.A. Ansere, M. Kamal, M. Tariq, and A. Jurcut "An Adaptive Network Security System for IoT-enabled Maritime Transportation," in IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 2022. [IF: 6.492]
- J11. M. Kamal, A.J. Johani, E. Alanazi, and F. Albogamy "5G and Blockchain Enabled Lightweight Solutions for Containing COVID-19," in Security and Communication Networks, 2022. [IF: 1.791]
- J10. M. Kamal, M. Tariq, G. Srivastava, and Lukas Malina "Optimized Security Algorithms for Autonomous Transport and the Internet of Vehicles," in IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 2021. [IF: 6.492]
- J9. M. U. Abbasi, M. Kamal and M. Tariq, "Accurate and Secured Electromyography Signal Processing in Internet of Medical Things," in IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, 2021. [IF: 5.772]
- J8. A.M. Kabir, M. Kamal, F. Ahmad, Z. Ullah, F. Mehmood, F.R. Albogamy and G. Hafeez, "Optimized Economic Load Dispatch with Multiple Fuels and Valve-Point Effects Using Hybrid Genetic-Artificial Fish Swarm Algorithm," in Sustainability, 2021. [IF: 3.251]
- J7. S. Mir, I. Bari, M. Kamal and H. Ali, "Constraint Waveform Design for Spectrum Sharing Under Coexistence of Radar and Communication Systems," in IEEE Access, vol. 9, pp. 46093-46105, 2021. [IF: 3.367]
- J6. M. Kamal, G. Srivastava and M. Tariq, "Blockchain based Lightweight and Secured V2V Communication in Internet of Vehicles," in IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 2020. [IF: 6.492]
- J5. A. Garba, A.D. Dwivedi, M. Kamal, G. Srivastava, M. Tariq, M.A. Hasan and Z. Chen, "A Digital Rights Management System based on a Scalable Blockchain," in Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications, Springer, 2020. [IF: 3.307]
- J4. J. A. Ansere, G. Han, L. Liu, Y. Peng and M. Kamal, "Optimal Resource Allocation in Energy Efficient Internet of Things Networks with Imperfect CSI," in IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2020. [IF: 9.471]
- J3. J. A. Ansere, M. Kamal, E. Gyamfi, M. Tariq and A. Mohammed, "Energy Efficient Resource Optimization in Cooperative Internet of Things Networks," in Internet of Things, Elsevier, vol. 7, 100302, 2020.
- J2. M. Kamal and M. Tariq, "Light-Weight Security and Blockchain Based Provenance for Advanced Metering Infrastructure," in IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 87345-87356, 2019. [IF: 3.367]
- J1. M. Kamal and M. Tariq, "Light-Weight Security and Data Provenance for Multi-Hop Internet of Things," in IEEE Access, vol. 6, pp. 34439-34448, 2018. [IF: 3.367]
- Conference publications:
- C9. M. Kamal et al., "A Comprehensive Solution for Securing Connected and Autonomous Vehicles," in Design, Automation and Test in Europe (DATE), 2022, Belgium.
- C8. M. Kamal, A. Barua, C. Vitale, C. Laoudias, G. Ellinas and M. Tariq, "GPS Location Spoo_ng Attack Detection for Enhancing the Security of Autonomous Vehicles," IEEE 94th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC2021-Fall), 2021, pp. 1-5.
- C7. S. H. Sackey, J. Chen, J. A. Ansere, G. K. Gapko and M. Kamal, "A Bio-Inspired Technique based on Knowledge Discovery for Routing in IoT Networks," IEEE 23rd International Multitopic Conference (INMIC), Bahawalpur, Pakistan, 2020
- C6. M. Iqbal, M. Kamal, J. A. Ansere and O. Khan, Event Based Localization using Enhanced Multi Sequence Positioning in Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE 23rd International Multitopic Conference (INMIC), Bahawalpur, Pakistan, 2020
- C5. J. A. Ansere, J. H. Anajemba, S. H. Sackey, C. Iwendiz, and M. Kamal, "Optimal Power Allocation Algorithm for Energy E_cient IoT-NOMA Enabled Networks" 15th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies 2019 (ICET19), Peshawar, Pakistan.
- C4. S. H. Sackey, J. A. Ansere, J. H. Anajemba, M. Kamal, C. Iwendiz "Energy Efficient Clustering-Based Routing Technique in WSN using Brain Storm Optimization" 15th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies 2019 (ICET19), Peshawar, Pakistan.
- C3. M. Kamal and M. Tariq, "Light-Weight Security for Advanced Metering Infrastructure," 2019 IEEE 89th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC2019-Spring), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2019, pp. 1-5.
- C2. M. Kamal, M. Ibrahim, S. Mir and M. N. Aman, "Comparison of multihop relaying protocols in cognitive radio networks," Sixth International Conference on Innovative Computing Technology (INTECH), Dublin, Ireland, 2016, pp. 611-616.
- C1. M. Ibrahim, M. Kamal, O. Khan and K. Ullah, "Analysis of radix-2 decimation in time algorithm for FPGA co-processors," International Conference on Computing, Electronic and Electrical Engineering (ICE Cube), Quetta, 2016, pp. 154-157.
- Book Chapters:
- B1. Qasim I., Habib N., Habib U., Usman Q.F., Kamal M. (2020) Comparison of Localization Algorithms for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. In: Bajwa I., Sibalija T., Jawawi D. (eds) Intelligent Technologies and Applications. INTAP 2019. Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol 1198. Springer, Singapore
Google Scholar Profile