Lahore Campus is Closed on Saturday August 9,2014
Due to on going political crisis in the vicinity of Lahore Campus, the Management has decided to close the campus on Saturday August 9,2014. Students are advised to check their email and NU website on Sunday evening i.e. August 10,2014 for further updates.
Digital Accounting for Executives (DAE)
FAST School of Management will launch an executive training program, Digital Accounting for Executives (DAE), from Saturday, 9th August, 2014.DAE will equip participants with key computerized accounting skills and develop overall approach to handle most types of accounting software used for small and medium size organizations.
This training program is comprised of two accounting software:
- Sage Line 50
The taught modules cover detail software learning and a comprehensive one year real accounting job practice on software. The course will include company set up, chart of accounts, day books, ledgers, account receivables, account payables, trial balance, creating bank accounts, maintaining employees record, bank reconciliation statements, aged debtors' report, aged creditors' report and all related financial reports including financial statements.
After completion of the course participants will be able to produce final accounts on both cash and accrual based accounting and all required financial reports.is an intensive 8-days, Saturdays only, executive training program. The key objective of the program is to train people in computerized accounting according to industry requirement and to help them obtain jobs in local and international markets.
Course registration will start from 10th July, 2014. There are only 15 seats available, and candidates will be accommodated on first come first serve basis.
Certificate from FAST School of Management will be awarded on completion of the course.
VOICE Debating Society: Achievements 2013-14
Representation of FAST National University Lahore at 34th World Universities Debating Championship 2014 held at Chennai, IndiaTeam Members: Muhammad Wasee and Ameer Hamza
Achievements in Urdu Parliamentary Debates: Speakers: Muhammad Wasee, Hasan Rafique, Ibrahim Younis, Umer Arsalan, Raza Gillani, Syed Ammar Bukhari, Nouman Shafqat, Noor Hayat Ranjha, Mir Rawtah and Mian Salman Ayub.
1) Runner Up (Team A) and Quarter Finalist (Team B) at Lahore Grammar School Johar Town Campus for Boys (Best Speaker: Raza Gillani)
2) Quarter Finalist at Kinnaird College
3) Semi Finalist at Lahore Grammar School 55-Main Gulberg Campus
4) Quarter Finalist at Lahore Grammar School Defense Campus
5) Quarter Finalist at UCL Shahjiwana 2014. Hasan Rafique was speaking in a private team called Carry on Jutta and was the Winner and Best Speaker of the tournament. Syed Ammar Bukhari and Ibrahim Younis were speaking in a private team called Debating Friends and were the Runner Up of the tournament. Raza Gillani was the Best Adjudicator at the tournament.
6) Quarter Finalist at FC College University
7) Runner Up at UET Lahore
8) Winner at Daira 2014: FAST-NU Faisalabad (Best Speaker: Raza Gillani)
9) Semi Finalist (Team B) and Quarter Finalist (Team A) at LUMS I.V
10) Runner Up (Team A) and Semi Finalist (Team B and Team C) at Government College University Lahore (Best Speaker: Raza Gillani)
11) Runner Up at King Edward Medical University (Best Speaker: Raza Gillani)
12) Winner (Team A) and Runner Up (Team B) at Lahore School of Economics British Parliamentary Debates. Raza Gillani was speaking in a private team called Hawaili Lakhan Degree College and was the Semi Finalist of the tournament (Best Speaker: Hasan Rafique and 4th Best Speaker: Noor Hayat Ranjha)
13) Semi Finalist at University of Lahore
14) Winner at Allama Iqbal Medical College (Best Speaker: Muhammad Wasee)
Achievements in English Parliamentary Debates:Speakers: Muhammad Wasee, Saad Nadeem Sr, Nouman Shafqat, Saad Nadeem Jr, Eisha Tahir, Hasan Rafique, Hafsa Jamil, Maleeqa Saqlain, Maleeqa Saqlain, Mir Rawtah and Noor Hayat Ranjha
1) Runner Up at University of Management and Technology 2013
2) Semi Finalist at Kinnaird College
3) Quarter Finalist at UCL Shahjiwana 2014
4) Quarter Finalist at UET Lahore
5) Runner Up at Daira 2014: FAST Faisalabad
6) Semi Finalist at LUMS I.V
7) Runner Up at University of Management and Technology 2014(Best Speaker: Hasan Rafique)
8) Semi Finalist (Team A and Team B) at CMH Lahore
9) Semi Finalist at Allama Iqbal Medical College
Achievements in Bilingual Declamations:
Speakers: Ubair Khan, Saad Nadeem Sr, Saad Nadeem Jr, Usama Lodhi and Mir Rawtah
1) 1st Position at Beaconhouse A-Level Gulberg Campus (English category)
2) 2nd Position (Urdu category), 3rd Position (English category) and Team Trophy at Hajvery University
Achievements in Model United Nations:
1) Best Delegate (Saad Nadeem Jr) at FORMUN 2014
2) Honorable Mention (Waleed Noman) at FORMUN 2014
ACM Student Chapter Excellence Award for "Outstanding Activities 2013-14"
FAST NUCES ACM Lahore Chapter has recently won the ACM Excellence Award 2013-14 in the category of “OUTSTANDING CHAPTER ACTIVITIES” by ACM International.
ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) is a U.S.-based international learned society for computing. It was founded in 1947 and is the world’s largest and most prestigious scientific and educational computing society. There are currently over 750 ACM student chapters all over the world. Chapters are the “local neighborhoods” of ACM. Their Professional and Student chapters worldwide serve as nodes of activity for ACM members and the computing community at large, offering seminars, lectures, and the opportunity to meet peers and experts in many fields of interest.
ACM International headquarters staff and judges were reportedly impressed by the work NUCES chapter has put forth, and the effort they have made this year. Award was chosen based on the creativity, insight and how well the objectives were fulfilled, as well as for the chapter’s overall commitment to computing. It’s a great to see a Pakistani university’s name along some of the most prestigious institutions in the world like Purdue University, Imperial College London, Lehigh University and many others.
It is important to mention here that FAST NUCES was the first to obtain permission to organize ACM ICPC Regional in Pakistan. The chapter also organized a successful Geek Week earlier this year which included events like Asian Programming Competition (APC) that was held simultaneously in six countries, DevFest which was an app development competition with a time-frame of 24 hours and a gaming competition in which some enthusiastic gamers from around the country went head to head.
Training on New Applied Technology of Solar Energy in Kun Ming, China
International Training on New Applied Technology of Solar Energy Adapted to Tropic and Sub-tropic Regions, 20 July – 09 August 2014, in Kun Ming, China.
Last Date to Apply : 30 May 2014.
The main content of this training including:
(1) Basic knowledge: the introduction of new applied technology of solar energy, including the systematic theory and engineering design on solar hot water heater, solar refrigeration (air conditioner or ice refrigerator), solar drying system, PV water pump etc.
(2) Practical skill: quality examination of solar hot water heater, the installation and demonstration of solar hot water system, solar refrigeration system, solar drying system which adapted to agricultural product process and PV water pump system etc. on the ground.
(3) Visit and study: visits of several large scale solar energy application systems, and case study of technologies that can integrate solar energy equipment into buildings.
• Solar Drying
• Building integrated with solar energy
• The National Testing Center of Water Heaters
• Solar solid adsorption refrigerator
YNNU has helped many countries to build their own national laboratories, renewable energy projects and demonstrations.
• Photovoltaic Pump
1. Be fluent in English, for that all the courses in the Training Workshop will be in English.
2. Applicants should engage in the work related to new energy and renewable energy in the government, enterprises, NGO, or other organization. 3. Participants are obliged to obey the relevant laws & regulations in China during the Training.
EE Achievement at NASCON, 2014
The Final year Projects from EE Department of FAST-NU, Lahore, have achieved following milestones in Engineering Project competition at NASCON, 2014 (FAST, Islamabad)
FAST-NU, Lahore also won Second Prize for overall outstanding performance in the following competitions.
Engineering Project Competition
Title: SMART-PAL (Application of Kinect-based strategy to track human limbs for tele-robotic manipulation and tele-presence tasks)
Advisor: Omer Saleem Bhatti
Business Plan Competition
Title: Automation of Lathe Machines to Optimize Manufacturing
Wahaj Afzal (TL)
Ali Rashid (TL)
VOICE wins Lahore School British Parliamentary Debate 2014Voice -NUCES Society has following achievements.
1) The team consisting of Noor Hayat Ranjha and Hasan Randhawa were the winners at Lahore School British Parliamentary Debate 2014 which was being hosted by Lahore School of Economics
2) The team consisting of Mir Rawtah and Muhammad Wasee were the finalists in the same tournament and lost to the other team from FAST Lahore
3) Raza Gillani was the semi finalist at the tournament
4) Hasan Randhawa was named the best speaker of the tournament and Noor Hayat Ranjha was named the 4th best speaker of the tournament
It is an honor for VOICE that apart from Wasee and Hasan, all the above mentioned speakers are from Batch 2013
FAST FOOTBALL TEAM ACHIEVEMENT
FAST Football team competed in Lahore School of Economics Annual Sports Gala 2014. We were up against the likes of LUMS, LSE, FC College, LMDC, LGS and UMT. The competition went on for 4 days. In scorching heat, the team fought valiantly and were able to lift the trophy beating LSE in the final. The credit goes to the entire team for traveling this far and showing their commitment to the cause. We are all proud of our achievement.
Also, we would like to thank our Sports Advisor Dr. Zahid Raza and the director Dr. Zafar Iqbal for acknowledging the effort from the students. Such appreciation gives the team motivation to perform well in the future. Thank you.
Muhammed Abubakr (C)
Ahmed Bilal (Co-Ordinator)
Moazzam Warraich (GK)
Shah Bakhsh Raisani (GK)
Syed Faizan Anwar
Ch Moeez Ali
IEEE Conference Publications by MS students
MS (CS) Students Ms. Nabiha Iqbal and Ms. Naila Sharif presented their papers in IEEE-iCREATE 2014 conference held in NUST, Islamabad from April 22-24, 2014. This research work is supervised by Dr. Kashif Zafar and Prof. Waqas Zyad of department of Computer Science at Lahore campus. The details of the conference are given below:
1. N. Iqbal, K. Zafar, W. Zyad, "Multi-Objective Optimization of Test Sequence Generation using Multi-Objective Firefly Algorithm (MOFA)", Proceedings of the International Conference on Robotics and Emerging Allied Technologies in Engineering, IEEE-iCREATE, 2014, Islamabad (Accepted).
2. N. Sharif, K. Zafar, W. Zyad, "Optimization of Requirements Prioritization using Computational Intelligence Techniques", Proceedings of the International Conference on Robotics and Emerging Allied Technologies in Engineering, IEEE-iCREATE, 2014, Islamabad (Accepted).